District Council 17
The IUPAT represents all workers eligible for membership, regardless of religion, race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender or sexual orientation. IUPAT District Council 17 and her Local Union Canadian Prairie Predecessors have represented painters, glaziers, drywall finishers, floor coverers, fire proofers, hazardous workers and other allied trades for over 100 years.
District Council 17 is comprised of Locals 177, 739 and 1960. The jurisdiction of District Council 17 includes the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba; the Distict of MacKenzie, NWT and Nunavut, an area of 4,802,515 square KMs, or about half the size of all of Europe.
Call 1-800-322-0694 for information re collective agreements.
District Council 17 Delegates
IUPAT District Council 17 is made up of elected delegates from each local.
- Business Manager/Secretary-Treasurer* – John Sedor (DC 17)
- President* – Jason Villain (Local 177)
- Vice President* – Greg Ginter (Local 739)
- Trustee Chairperson* – Rodrigo L. Gutierrez (Local 177)
- Trustee – Dave Nidosky (Local 739)
- Trustee – Dave Daily (Local 739)
- Local 177 Delegate* – Mike Iftody
- Local 739 Delegate* – Mike Richels
- Local 177 Delegate – Dave West
- Local 177 Delegate – Jorge Flores
- Local 739 Delegate – Luke Swan
*denotes Executive Board Member
IUPAT Local 177 Executive Board
- President– Ray Gelean
- Vice President – Mike Iftody
- Treasurer – Vacant
- Financial Secretary – Vacant
- Recording Secretary – Shauntelle Hollett
- Trustee(s) – Vacant