Yes, but …
For Edmonton locals: the preferred path for your JIP Practical is get your SSPC CAS certification first; this is going to help you on-site (site owners aren’t concerned with JIP [an internal union program]; they want to see a CAS certification from SSPC); after CAS certification, apply to write the JIP
For non-Edmonton locals (e.g., Ft McMurray residents): CAS opportunities outside of Edmonton and Saskatoon are obviously limited. Out-of-towners who desire to take the full JIP (w/o CAS) – that is the written and the JIP practical – can schedule ahead of time.
In either case,for more information: Email DC17 Training at or call 800.322.0694.